Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Big Two!

I don't have a good track record so far in posting! My once a month try will hopefully turn into a weekly attempt soon! This little family is continuing to do what it seems to do so well - attempt to pack into a single week as many life changing events as possible. Those who know us would think we couldn't top our graduation on Friday, get married on Saturday, and then move on Sunday so Kyle could start medical school on Monday and then two months later find out we are going to have a baby! :) But we keep trying. It is not quite that crazy right not but still pretty nutty. Kyle just took his second set of Boards (for those who don't know this is a costly exam that has to be passed and passed well in order to continue in med school and one day get into residency) and he will take another this Saturday. I am frantically packing while trying to say goodbyes and of course try to make this move as stress free for the boys as possible. I just have to laugh though...somehow I know it will all come together, but at this point it seems like a far off dream. Garrett's 2nd Birthday was Sunday and he was so cute! I can't believe I have a two year old! He loved blowing out the candles and especially his chocolate cupcake made by his favorite sitter in Dallas and our dear friends preparing for work in Sudan, Libby and Bryan Harrison. Kyle's amazing dad and brother get here Thursday to load the truck and head out Friday with our stuff. We will officially leave the Dallas area whenever Kyle finishes his exam on Saturday and make it as far as we can. For those of you who don't know, we are moving for Kyle's last year of medical school to his small hometown in Tennessee where we will be living in a old farmhouse down from his parents on their farm. (Yeah, this city girl is about to get dropped off in the country!) This 4th move since we were married three years ago was to help with financial pressures (cheaper living than Dallas) and so the the boys and I could be near family while Kyle rotates at potential residency locations. We are excited that he was able to get rotations at four different orthopedic residencies this late in the game. Although that does means he will be gone for over 12 weeks this fall in places like OK City, Detroit, MI, and Columbus, Ohio. I will be understanding in new ways what it means to be a single parent. Thankfully mine is only for a season and I am not working full time. I am honestly dreading our time away from him but also praying it will a time of deepening dependency on our ABBA Father. I have several fears that need to be dealt with and the farm will help in that process. Our God is soooo big - the very Creator and Sustainer of the Universe. Why do I fear? Why do I walk so often in unbelief? (I'll probably unpack that more in a future post). I also look forward to getting to know the amazing Stephens family even more. We have been praying for years now for the Sulphur Well Church where Kyle grew up (Randy, Kyle's dad has been the minister there for over 30 years) and I am looking forward to being a part of this sweet community of faith. I have much to learn...
This is my food in the midst of craziness this week...to the Colossians Paul writes about the supremacy of Christ, the one in whom we have redemption, forgiveness, and hope... "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross..." (1:15-20) Wow! Speechless!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I am so sad that you are leaving and not once did we get together! I totally take the blame for this and wish now I had made the time to call and come and see you!! I hope your move goes well and that you are not too stressed by the end of it all.

~ Ze Bartholomees Yeah ~ said...

Ryan and I love and miss all of you very VERY MUCH!!! =) But we WILL come visit you sooner than later... {Just a warning... ;) ;)}